Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pirates 4 is #1 at the Box Office.

According to today's ranking on the Internet Movie Database, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is currently the highest grossing film in America. The Hangover 2, and Thor are the second and third highest grossing films respectively.

I must confess, I did not actually see the third Pirates of the Caribbean film. I wasn't very impressed with the second one, but I remain a huge fan of the original Pirates of the Caribbean film. When I heard several hard core fans of the franchise knock the third film as not worth seeing, I saved my money. Perhaps it's time for me to check out Pirates 3, and watch the latest installment in the theater since it's been so enthusiastically received by audiences. I think the mere enthusiasm for a fourth film may be the reason for the film's high profits, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment