Monday, April 5, 2010

Clash of the Titans predictions

Although I am knee-deep in work; I must get out to see the Clash of the Titans remake at some point. Initial reviews are negative and disproving, but that won't stop me or thousands from seeing the movie. According to the film's website, it is the number one movie in America. Visit the official website here. I've said that It won't equal the campy fairytale charm that the original has for millions of fans, and I think that holds true. The remake, in my estimation, will probably be a great modern action flick, with cool monsters, action, and a pretty face. Basically, that's exactly what the original was. It just took on a special affinity for those who watched it in the theater, or on television; usually via TNT'S monster vision or something like that. Plenty of geeks, many of whom went on to be successful well-paid techies in various fields; thank you very much, fell in love with the special effects, and had to know how it was made. You can't "remake" those qualities. However, the film will be an enjoyable summer spectacle. If it stays pretty true to the script, it will make the distinct retelling of a Greek myth, accessible to kids who grew up with CGI effects and sadly can't appreciate the mastery of Ray Harryhausen. My first website,The Gorgon's Lair was inspired by medusa's lair in Clash of the Titans (Medusa is a gorgon).

I'm also excited about the sweaty, adrenline and testosterone infused flick The Expendables, due out later this summer. Stallone, Willis, Jet Lee, Jason Stathom, Steve Austin, Randy Coutre all in one movie...with a cameo by Arnold himself! It's enough to go inspire me to go outseid and do the workout I have been putting off to write this post. See ya. I'll be back.

I could not help that; the moment just called for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment